I’ve tried just about every website builder there is: WordPress, Wix, SquareSpace, Shopify, etc.
They all suffer from a single deficiency: In their attempt to be everything to everyone, they make it really easy to hate building your website.
What if building your website could be simple, quick, and (dare I say) fun?!
Today I launched my first Google My Business website for my Minneapolis freelancer coaching business, and ya know what? It was fun! Here it is in all its glory (and only 10 minutes invested building it!):
- Super easy and intuitive to set up. It pulled all the Google Business stuff, so I didn’t need to add anything! And even if I did, I could just click where I wanted to edit, and go for it! By far the simplest website-building experience I’ve ever seen.
- No configuration options:
– No menus to get lost in.
– No slideshow options.
– No layout options. Nothing.
Just the simplest website you can build in 5 minutes.
- It’s fast. Lightning fast.
- Adding your .com domain is so damn easy it’s almost comical – took about 5 minutes + $12.
- No email address for “email@example.com”…They urge you to add-on GSuite for email, but you could host email anywhere you’d like. This would definitely be a great add-on to the service.
- Https/SSL built in by default! (but not required for some reason…)
- My new website was indexed by Google immediately and HOLY COW – it is already ranking organically for some great keywords in both the regular results and in the Google Map results!
If you just need a website. And you want it to look good. And you want it to work on mobile. And you want to rank for your specific SEO keyword. And you want it now. Then absolutely try Google’s free “My Business” website.
I’ve been building websites professionally for more than a decade, and I haven’t seen a better website builder for a quick website (free!). It’s lack of options make it impossible to break and even FUN to build! Want to give it a try? Start here.
What have been your experiences with the Google My Business website builder?