The Mighty Mo! WordPress Design has been designing, building, & maintaining WordPress websites for over a decade with a clientele almost entirely in the upper Midwest (and in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul specifically). I posted my favorite books, tools, & services a while back, but that list is not specific to The Mighty Mo! Venture forth to learn The Mighty Mo!-specific toolset! Fwiw, I’d love to hear which tools you find most-valuable as you run your business.
Tools & Services We Use at The Mighty Mo!
- GSuite ($6 user/mo)
- Google Drive (weekly Pulse, email templates)
- Gmail (virtually all customer and internal communication)
Slack (for urgent interruptor conversations) (Free)We stopped using Slack in 2020 in favor of Google Meet.
- Calendly (how customers schedule phone calls with us)
($15 user/mo). I switched to the free version of Calendly in 2020.
- Harvest (customer invoicing for 1-offs) ($9 user/mo)
- Stripe (recurring customer invoices, 90% of payments) (2.9% + $0.30/transaction)
- Paypal/Xoom/WorldRemit/Western Union (paying contractors) (Fees vary)
- Tonsager Tax Service ($2k/year average)
- End of year tax filings.
- Payroll/W-2 checks, monthly/yearly tax filings
- Github/Bitbucket (for the rare times when code revisioning is needed) (Free)
- Do you know git? If not, complete this Git training course. Then complete this one.
- Review and understand our Git Deployment Procedures
- Review and Understand our Process for Completing To-Dos & Approval Flow
- Gravity Forms WordPress plugin (for website payments, contracts, & service signups) (Free)
- Docs.themightymo.com (hidden site we use for customer onboarding) (Free)
Contactually (CRM) ($35 user/mo). I no longer use a CRM.
- Cloudflare (dns management) (Free)
- Dreamhost (a legacy subscription we probably don’t need anymore…) ($200/year)
Pressable (our Platinum WordPress Hosting partner) ($550/mo).
- Siteground, DigitalOcean, Greengeeks (~$1k/mo).
- TMM Dashboard Customizations WordPress plugin (required & recommended plugins, dashboard updates for customers) (Free)
MightyLucy (Hours-tracking for Legacy customers who still buy our services by the hour) (Free). We stopped doing hourly work for the most part and track time in Toggl.
- Divi Theme (for certain WordPress builds) (Free)
- Beaver Builder + Beaver Themer + Beaver Builder Theme ($350/year)
ello (Gold membership for project management & customer support tickets) ($12.50 user/mo). We no longer use a project management tool. SendBoard Trello Power Up (for using Trello as a customer ticketing system) ($19 board/mo)
- Zoho Vault (for secure password management & sharing) ($2/user/mo)
Sucuri (for fixing hacked websites) ($499/year). Sucuri changed their billing, so we now contract this work out when needed.
- Toggl (For time-tracking) Free
Services We Offer:
- WordPress & Shopify Maintenance, Security, Speed, Improvements, Content, & Upkeep
– Website Amazing: Website maintenance, security, & upkeep (starts at $299/mo)
– Platinum WordPress Hosting (starts at $99/mo)
– Worry-Free WP Validated WordPress Backups & Updates (starts at $199/site/mo)
– Pre-paid Hourly WordPress Development (starts at $150/hour)
- New Website Design, Development, & Launch: WordPress Design, Refresh, & Launch (starts at $10k)
- WordPress & Shopify Training:
– Beginner WordPress Class by Email (Free)
– Unlimited custom video and phone training included in Website Amazing and WordPress Virtual Assistant.
- 1-on-1 and Group WordPress Training
- Fast WordPress