- Default to Asynchronous.
- Default to 1-to-1. (i.e. Default to zero cc’s on emails. Default to email, not Slack.)
- Before hitting Send on an email, ask yourself:
– “What questions might they ask when they receive my email?”
– “How can I more-clearly state this?”
– “Is this email even necessary to send?”
- Always look 1 week ahead, anticipate customer questions, & communicate what you are (and aren’t) going to do before it happens.
- Eliminate surprises.
Additional Ideas to Build a Calmer Company:
Web of Lies: The ‘Set It and Forget It’ Fantasy Unraveled by the Threads of Reality!
Some EOS Level 10 (L10) meeting templates I use in the real world. These templates have helped me to become a better, wrangle conversations, and run meetings effectively.
Humble comfort for when you are about to embark on a life-changing journey
Sometimes the simple, human interactions are the things that build lifelong partnerships. Here’s an unexpected story about how a big company that brought joy to my life today.
A single effective meeting can change the course of history for a company. Imagine if you could lead effective meetings EVERY DAY! You can, but it takes curiosity & practice. This article is a good place to start your journey to a more effective you.
Y’all who work at normal 9-5 jobs don’t need to deal with the B.S. that is an RFP process (or rather you get paid to deal with it).
But us freelancers gotta deal with a whole big bag of schtuff when it comes to custom proposals.
Here’s my quick-and-dirty RFP filtering process that I use every time.
(It’s about a minute read.)
#business #smallbusiness #lifehacks #innovation #entrepreneurship #strategy #productivity #personaldevelopment #emotionalintelligence #culture #consultants #freelancers #contracts #freelancing